Friday, June 13, 2014

 Everything's Coming up Roses!

Well, thats how this ceiling tile-turned magnet board makes me feel, anyway. With the new Spiral Flower Originals Die from Stampin' Up! anyone can make these gorgeous roses in no time!





I used Real Red and Crumb Cake DSP and adhered them together with a glue dot. A strong magnet on the back ensures I can hang up favorite cards and tags made of heavy cardstock. The flower centers are Jumbo Pearls left over, and for the Scallop Punch flower-I used the Baked Brown Sugar from the In Color Boutique Details. I like how the embossing mimics the look of the ceiling tile. Flower "leaves" are punched from Gold foil sheets and DSP using the new banner Punch.

The tag is stamped in Basic Black Ink on Whisper White Cardstock, and one detail added with Baked Brownsugar Marker. I love how it looks like a Chalkboard! What is fun about this image is that if you don't ink it perfectly it looks even more realistic as a sort of "erased" chalk board.


The image is stamped from the Chalk Talk set, from the Stampin' Up! Catalog. We received this stamp set last summer at Convention and I have found a ton of ways to use it. This stamp is my favorite, as it has a coordinating die cut and looks great (like a bread tag) wrapped around a cellophane bag for gifting.


When you find fun items like this tile, and want to give them as a gift, don't forget to add a quick and lovely "upgrade" using just basic card stock, stamps and ink. My Mother is actually getting this, so I chose one of her favorite colors Real Red. I can't wait to see it on her wall with pictures of my kids (of course) and the hand stamped card I am making to go with it.

Have a great weekend!


1 comment:

Moonegirl said...

The pictures are lost in space. I have been working on this, and hope to reload them soon. Check back later to see the project. Sorry about that!